Rubicon Organics’ mission is to grow the best cannabis on earth and for the earth. This speaks to our obsession about growing the very best organic cannabis as we aim to maximize the quality and quantity of every gram produced to meet Rubicon Organics™ growth and innovation goals, while minimizing our impact on the planet. In our state-of-the art greenhouse facility located in Delta, B.C, we are quickly expanding our distribution across Canada with 5 cannabis brands, as well as export partnerships with German and Israeli Cannabis companies. We are launching 20-30 new products each quarter as we bring exciting new genetics and extracted products to market in Canada and around the world.
We build jobs around our people and our shared values. This fosters a commitment in all of us to make a BIG impact. We bring on, develop amazing talent, and allow them to focus on their strengths and grow their careers in parallel to our business. We discuss and challenge each other often and encourage transparency.
We are looking for an outstanding Planning Specialist who wants to leave a tangible legacy:
- An agile, hands on detailed orientated analyst who likes to build and perfect models.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders from marketing, sales and supply chain organization.
- Aptitude for numbers, analytics, and an ability to compile, interpret and communicate data and market trends with resulting implications to the business.
- A top performer who wants to deliver a broad business impact, through their participation and contribution to the sales and supply chain team, to propel the entire organization forward.
- Excellent team player as well as the ability to work independently.
- Ability and willingness to accept and provide feedback.
- Experience with a large amount data and detail without losing sight of the big picture.
Purpose of the Planning Specialist role
- To drive sales, lower cost, optimizing inventory holding of both finished goods and packaging materials, through an accurate supply & demand plan.
- Partner with the Innovation team to ensure all innovation launches are planned effectively with accurate forecasts from the commercial team.
- Support the Planning Manager to create the unconstrained demand plan for current and future listings across all our brands.
- Support the Planning Manager to constrain demand plan based on available supply for current and future listings across all our brands.
- Provide a weekly update on the latest demand and supply estimates including risks through a performance review and understand what levers can be pulled to mitigate these risks.
- Support the Planning Manager to conduct the S&OP meetings to ensure that the brand portfolio plans & sales forecast are translated into an efficient supply plan that can be delivered on time in full, and when necessary, manage mitigation activities for supply disruption.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics and demand planning/sales forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- At least 1 full year experience in supply planning / demand planning / forecasting ideally in CPG or another fast-paced industry.
- Expert knowledge of Excel is required. A big part of the job is to update complex spreadsheets and utilize them in daily work.
- Proven analytical & mathematical thinking, and adept at solving complex problems.
- Comprehension of forecast accuracy and forecast bias calculations.
- Ability to collaborate in multifunctional teams.
- Used to fast paced multi sku industries, with aggressive innovation pipelines and complex supply chains.
- Other key traits include leadership, attention to detail, communication, critical thinking, analytical thinking, judgment and decision making, time management, presentation, and operations analysis.
- Previous cannabis or Liquor experience an advantage.
This position will report to the Planning Manager and will be based in Delta and will require 10% time for work travel to supply operation sites in BC & visiting stores.